Monday, August 18, 2008

Granola Grabbers

First- another recruit- YAY!!!!!   Please visit my friend, Cathy's, new TWD blog The Tortefeasor.  I really enjoy my friends at work being TWD members, too!!!  YAY!!!

This week's recipe was chosen by Michelle of Bad Girl Baking.  I made these last weekend because we were out of town this weekend at one of my husband's triathlons.  I bought Vanilla Almond Granola at Target to use- it was the best granola ever!!!    I was a little concerned about how little liquid held these things together- only one egg??  The batter was VERY thick, but yummy.  
These cookies surprised me- I didn't like them very much warm out-of-the-oven, which is usually how I prefer cookies.  I REALLY liked them the next day, though.  Weird!!!  I really like the raisins and coconut in these.
Also, I LOVED that the recipe gave instructions to cook ALL the cookies at the same time.  So, I only baked for about 10 minutes.  Great choice, Michelle!!


12 comments:

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Your cookies look so perfect! I wish mine looked that good. I'm glad you enjoyed them the next day. The granola you used sounds delicious. Great job getting another TWD recruit :)

Teanna DiMicco said...

Yours are so perfect and round and gorgeous! Nice work on the cookies and the recruiting!

Engineer Baker said...

Vanilla almond granola sounds fabulous! Nice recruiting too.

Susie Homemaker said...

Look how perfect!
And your office must be so thankful for having TWDers to share their cookies!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Yours look perfect! That granola sounds wonderful!

Megan said...

Did your husband eat these for the triathlon? I suppose they would be a great carb-boost!!

Vanilla Granola? Sound good! (Gotta love Target!)

Cathy said...

Amanda -- I had the SAME experience re: liking the cookies better the next day! I think I'll try your granola choice next time I make these. Yours look fabulous! Thanks for recruiting me to TWD -- this is already so much fun!

Pamela said...

That granola sounds yummy, I'm going to look for it the next time we are at Target. Hope your husband had a good triathlon!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

If you can't get it at Target, I don't need it. ;)

Nice job!

Prudy said...

You are racking up the recruits, you TWD champ. YOur cookies look so very yummy. Glad you liked them the next day. I ate mine as dough, out of the oven, and the next day. I have no control. None.

Dolores said...

You are a recruiting *machine*. Glad you enjoyed the cookies.

Jules Someone said...

I agree that these needed to sit a bit before eating. And eating. And eating.