Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Chocolate Banded Ice Cream Torte

This week's recipe was chosen by Amy of Food, Family and Fun. I made this for one of my co-workers, John. I am trying to bake something for everyone's birthday in my group at work. I am over two weeks late for John's b-day, but I hope he really enjoys the torte. His favorite ice cream is mint, so I used that instead of making the respberry ice cream. Also, I really have to break down and buy a new larger food processor!! Mine wouldn't have been able to handle this ice cream.

I liked the idea of this torte, but I do not like semi-sweet chocolate AT ALL- even the gourmet brands. I don't think I would have liked the ganace. John's pallate is much more distinguished than mine (I really think he had organic buckwheat noodles with edamame, sliced red peppers and fizzy water for lunch in elementary school while I enjoyed my pickle loaf sandwich and fruit roll-up), so I'm sure he will appreciate the ganache more than I would. I will post a picture tonight, but my only picture is from the top since I brought the torte to him still in the springform pan since the recipe says to take it out of the pan 30 minutes to 3 hours before serving it.

10 comments:

Bungalow Barbara said...

What a nice co-worker you are! My ice cream torte doesn't have a chance of making it into work -- all for us!! (They'll get cookies next week, though.)

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Awww, that's sweet to bake for the folks at work. Hope John loved it!
Nancy

Cathy said...

Amanda, I can't wait to see your pics (pic). You really ARE one of my very favorite people to work with, even though you haven't brought me dessert for my birthday yet. (((Group hug))) Just the other day, I was in the breakroom zapping my Lean Cuisine when I saw John getting his organic soba noodles with barbecued duck confit out of the fridge, so I bet that he will love a fancy pants dessert like ganache.

Peggy said...

You are the best! I can't wait to see the pictures. I know John will love it.

Laura said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Can't wait to see how your torte turned out. I'll be sure to check back!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Aww, how sweet that you make treats for your coworkers birthdays! I hope he loves this torte! The chocolate mint combo sounds like something my husband would also love.

Julie said...

I wish I could take mine to work too....that way I wouldn't have to sit here and eat it....oh wait, no I don't. hahaha!

ap_msu03 said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. I check every week to see what new desert you have created. You have inspired me to start baking. Not something I have attempted in the past. I will keep you updated.

Cathy said...

Hey! Someone shared a blogging award with me, and I am passing it on to you! You can get it on my blog under "Thank you, Laura!!"

Peggy said...

I enjoy your blog so much. I have passed on an honorable award to you. Check it out at my website: pantryrevisited.blogspot.com. Enjoy!