Sunday, December 28, 2008

December Catch-up Post

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!  Recently I've been cooking and baking, but not posting.  So, here is my catch up post, although it is a little hard to remember what all I've made....

First (I think) was CEIMB Curried Butternut Squash Soup.  I don't really love curry, but I LOVED this soup.  It was my first time to use butternut squash and I didn't know it's like a pumpkin inside.

This soup was very easy to make until the puree part.  I don't have an emulsion blender, so I used my normal blender.  When I started blending, the lid (which I was holding onto the base) flew off and the VERY hot liquid exploded everywhere, including on my wrists.  

Even though I probably wouldn't serve this as a main course soup, I really think I will make it many times.


Next was TWD Buttery Jam cookies.  I really liked these cookies.  I ran out of sugar and had to use mostly brown sugar, which my friend Julie liked even better than cookies made with all white sugar per the recipe.   I used raspberry preserves.


I did not make Real Butterscotch pudding, but I hope to make it soon.

Next is CEIMB triple chocolate cookies.  Brandon and I really liked these, but I thought they were best right out of the oven, unlike the buttery jam cookies, which I thought were better the next day.

I've already made the tall and creamy cheesecake and will post on Tuesday.  I am making cherry chocolate biscotti today. 

4 comments:

juju73 said...

Yum...chocolate cherry biscotti sounds fantastic! I loved the buttery jam cookies as well! They were little bites of heaven!

What's for Supper? said...

Yours look so nice. Did you add baking powder and soda?

n.o.e said...

You are doing a lot of baking! Everything looks and sounds so good. Mmmm, the buttery jam cookies with brown sugar - what a happy discovery. Here's to a sweet New Year!
Nancy

Cathy said...

Yay, you've posted! I was getting worried about you. It all looks great (and I know first hand that your jam cookies WERE great!) I am going to try to make the biscotti tonight. I'm honestly feeling a little bit baked out, but I'll try to work through that. Happy New Year!