Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Caramel Peanut Brownie Cake


This week's recipe was chosen by Tammy of Wee Treats by Tammy. My husband thought this was the best thing I've made in the club so far, but I didn't like how the caramel went everywhere when I cut into it. Maybe that was because I only waited the minimum 20 minutes before diving in...
I really love homemade caramel!! Caramel corn is one of my favorite things to make.
I liked it a lot, but it tasted a little semi-sweet to me. I would have loved it if the caramel wouldn't have gone everywhere, which I thought happened because I opened the over in a panic when I realized I hadn't lined the pan with parchment paper or put it on a cookie sheet. However, maybe that wasn't the problem because a lot of other TWDers experiences the same concave brownie cake.
Overall, this was pretty yummy and fun to make. Next time, I will make the caramel thinner, use pecans instead of peanuts, and let it set overnight!!

11 comments:

Cathy said...

I know that semi-sweet is not a good thing with you, my friend. Dorie loves her some bitter and semi-sweet, so her chocolate recipes might not be your best options in general. I am glad that your DH loved this; I always figure that as long as SOMEBODY likes my treats and I didn't burn the house down, it's a success. I can't wait to see your pictures!

Peggy said...

Looking forward to your pics! I'm sure yours turned out much better than mine!

Jamie said...

I am looking forward to the pics!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Can't wait to see the photos! The drippy caramel was good, but it was much better when it set!

Anonymous said...

This was a very sweet dessert. Luckily, it's easy to limit when it is that sweet.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Can't wait to see your pictures! :) My hubs liked it as well!

Flourchild said...

Sorry your pictures won't upload..that is frustrating! I enjoyed this recipe. I tried a fudge nut glaze on mine..it was good!

kimberly salem said...

your cake looks delicious! sometimes it is hard to wait to dig in ;)

Cathy said...

Great pictures! Seems like everyone had a crater in their cake. I hope that you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks great... I had to wait a little longer than the 20 minutes before cutting... caramel still went everywhere!

Cherie
*Weekly Giveaway on my blog!
http://www.craftyjuicebroker.wordpress.com
*Sale on my Etsy Store!
http://www.craftyjuicebroker.etsy.com

Bungalow Barbara said...

Love the oozing caramel!